I gladly inform you that, our first version of BioPuppy Linux is out, now. You can download it from http://biopuppy.org
What is BioPuppy Linux
BioPuppy is an electronic workbench for bio-informatics and computational biology. It has been designed to meet the needs of beginners. BioPuppy is available as a live CD cum installation CD [and in USB Pen drive] and containing all the required software to boot the computer with ready to use bio-informatics tools. BioPuppy is based of the Puppy Linux. The another objective of this BioPuppy is small in size. Our estimated size of BioPuppy is ~150MB.
More about BioPuppy
BioPuppy contains all the tools available in the basic puppy linux and bioinformatics tools. It provides both standard and cutting edge bioinformatics software tools on a Linux base. It is powerful, configurable and easy to maintain. It has been customized for ease of use and provides an ideal system for scientists handling and analyzing biological data. The Biopuppy is a light weight version of bio OS. Bioinformatics-related customizations include a large number of bioinformatics programs and programming libraries, the addition of graphical menus for much of the bioinformatics software, and links from the desktop to key documentation and applications. The system also includes a comprehensive, categorized and searchable documentation system for bioinformatics software.
Features of BioPuppy
* More user friendly and easy to use for those new to Linux.
* Contains all the necessary Bioinformatics tools. Check the Biology tools already included in BioPuppy.
* BioPuppy will boot from a minimum PC/Laptop with 586Mhz CPU and 32Mb RAM
* Easy to install in Hard disk, USB Pen drive and Compact Flash (CF) cards. No fear on installation for those new to Linux.
* Very small in size (~180MB). But it has everything.
* BioPuppy can run your operating system, programs and store your data on the same CD-RW/Pen drive/Hard disk
* BioPuppy contains extensive help files for ALL its programs and Bioinformatcis tools with screen shot.
* Can easily update new version.
* Bring all your programs, tools, moves, songs with light weight BioPuppy Linux in a single USB Pen drive.
Sequence Analysis Tools :: Sim-4, Tigr-Glimmer 2, Genewise, Muscle, Sigma, HMMER, Clustal-W and mafft
Structure Prediction Tools :: mfold, gibbs
Protein Structure Analysis Tools :: Garlic,Rasmol
Phylogenetic Analysis tools :: Fast DNA, Phylip, Phylodraw
Protein Modeling :: Modeller
Docking :: MGL Tools (Autodock tools, Python Molecular Viewer (PMV), Vision)
System Biology :: Copasi
On-line tools :: BLAST,EMBOSS
For more please visit http://biopuppy.org
Your contributions are almost welcome!…
Some screen shots