I thing recently I am getting more queries related this topic.
I would like to share my suggestions with all the freshers in embedded system. We have already discussed about it. But still the freshers not get any clear idea about, howto get a job in embedded system. Hope this thread ill help them to understand first, what the industries are expecting from them. I request you to post all your comments here, if you have any.
* Entry for freshers in embedded system is really easy…
* I ill get a job immediately, coz i have a embedded system certification from a great -ABC- institution.
* I have fully fitted for embedded system field. Coz I have completed all the modules include, C,C++,Unix, Device drivers, Micro controllers and RTOS. Oh….I am great. What do you want more….
* If i cant get any job in this field, then i just simply put a 1+ yr fake experience and try for job. The recruiter easily believe me. Then I ill get a job easily. Oh…I am really so brilliant….
* If i add one or two projects [especially some rtos projects like vxworks ]in my resume then i can easily get a job.
* I have 90% marks in all d certificates. The interviewer easily accept me for this embedded system field.
* I have done a embedded system project in a big MNC embedded systems company. So i m eligible for getting a job easily.
Then What I want to do/Think?
* What ever it may be, You should learn from in-depth. For hardware engineers, learn from flipflop, micro processor….etc. For software engineers, learn from compilers, linkers, OS concepts….etc.
* Do some real time projects from what you have learn. For example, u have 6 modules in course, try to do minimum one project for that module by your own and d project should b related with industries use.
* Try to utilize your lab facilities. Especially your lab hardwares. Hack it, what ever you want.
* Learn The Linux OS for embedded system. Coz it has good future in embedded system and in India. Coz Linux is exactly suitable for embedded system field other than windows. Another reason is, you can hack the linux from top to bottom. Coz its open source and no need to depend upon any proprietary softwares. So that you can learn more and get more rel time exp.
* Plan to buy a hardware board like ARM 7 or others. You can get the hardware from 3k to 10k based on configuration. Using this boards, you can feel the real time exp for porting, cross compilation, linux, emb linux, rtlinux and other rtos. If you got these experience, your interviewer will satisfy almost.
* You should sharp your language skills like C,C++,Java….etc. This is very important for s/w embedded system engineers.
* Try to contribute to some international forums, mailing lists and magazines like www.linuxdevices.com, www.embedded.com. So that you can update your knowledge in this field and whats happening in the current embedded field on industries side.
* Try to contribute some embedded system open source projects already available in internet. Go through the site, www.sourceforge.net and search for embedded system project. you ill get thousands of project related embedded system. Definitely, you will get nice experience on this field.
What are the available chance for getting a job in this field
(1) Select a embedded system company in your college placements. Avoid d s/w companies like CTS, Infosys…etc, if you have a confident to get a job in embedded field/company.
(2) If you dont have d placements, send your resumes for selected embedded system companies, even you are a fresher. Insist your full of interest in embedded system.
(3) You may join some embedded system courses aft 6 months you got finished your degree. During this 6 months, you can try for freshers job. You may get some placements through your training institute. But this is not guarantee. Its depends the institute and your capability. But d course is not necessary for embedded system, if you have capable of learn by your own and full of self confident. My personal opinion is, I wont suggest you to do a course. Coz in india all d institute are not teaching good in embedded system. All are money minded.
(4) If you have done some good projects followed by the “what to do” steps, you have more chance to get a job in this field.
(5) If your intention is only for getting a job in this field, then dont look big MNC companies & big salary. You have lots of small embedded companies are there. For entry, this is more useful for you to learn a lot in this field other than a big company. so your first preference should be small/startup companies.
(6) Suppose u cant get a job in this field after one year, now u can put 1+ yr fake exp with reasonable projects. I did nt suggest this idea in previous topic. But here I suggest you; Coz some times it will work. But its not guarantee and more risky. At the same time, you should have all capable of doing all the stuffs equivalent to 1+ yr exp person. Interviewer easily identify you; But he may prefer you, due to some reasons. First one is, you have all d stuffs for manage every thing without exp. 2nd one is, they have forced to recruit a person for emergency.
(7) Last but not least, keep on trying ,even u crossed more.
I wish you all the best for your best career in Embedded System….